Ten (somewhat boring) things I did today, in no particular order:
1. Fixed the garage door. Sounds way more difficult than it was.
2. Created a fixed assets schedule and a depreciation rollforward…FUN!
3. Changed diapers.
4. Ate some samoas.
5. Ate some Dots.
6. Ate some celery to make it all better.
7. Told Ella the three little pigs story, where she interrupted me every 10 seconds with “by and by, came a wolf!”
8. Read to Ella. She purposely chooses the stories I do not want to read. I do not kid. It’s part of her charm.
9. Watched UP with Ella. Mostly, I watched Ella, watching UP. Watched her facial expressions change with the story. Watched her toes wiggle. Watched her still chubby fingers pick up jellycat, look him in the face and tell him she loves him.
10. Thanked God that I still have these simple, boring moments. And prayed that I never fail to notice them.
“It might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.”
–From the movie UP.