1. This new word “uber.” I have seen it about 4 times in the last week, yet never once prior to that in the last 38 years. You know how a word just starts showing up, and everyone uses it because it’s the new cool word? Like ‘ping’ that all the techie-blackberry-user people use. Or the ‘pop’ that all the fashion designers like to use. So anyway, uber appeared to be a substitute for the word ‘super’ in most instances that I read it. So I looked it up. Well guess what? It’s a cognate of the Latin ‘super’ and greek ‘hyper’. So there you go. Why not just say super? or really? or very ? Interestingly (or maybe not), it also can be used to say “cool.” As in you are so uber. If someone was really cool, would they be uber uber?
2. Chip -n- Dale. You know, the chipmunks. Let’s keep in mind here that I am close to 40. And it just now dawned on me that chip -n- dale is a play on chippendale. How has that escaped me for the better part of my life? I’m right, right? It is a play on chippendale, right?
3. Did you ever wonder who the idiots are that order those ugly checks? For instance the checks with ducks taped up with duct tape and they say “duck tape” all over them…or ducks with backpacks that sport “backquackers” around the border. Who are the people that buy those anyway?
That would be me.
I honestly don’t know what I was thinking when I bought them. But I did. I don’t know what is wrong with me.
4. I’m sure I’ve mentioned the happy hours. I know Jenny has. Keep in mind these are family friendly. Not raucous. We do not play wierd games like Darcie does. Here is my girl’s interpretation of the happy hour…
Please note what I believe to be me, in the center there, toasting with a glass of wine while I completely ignore the angry boy chasing the laughing girl (who is clearly egging him on). I apparently have no concern for the baby playing in close proximity to the hot grill. Oh, and The Man is doing all the cooking while I lounge. Because that’s how I roll.
5. And finally, Uprinting.com has offered one of my readers a nice giveaway…and just in time for Father’s Day, too! Since you, my readers, are a rather small (though highly sophisticated) pool of people, you’ve got a great shot at winning. Uprinting.com does an assortment of things, including poster prints and even canvas prints online. And they’ve offered one of y’all a free 18×24 poster print! Here’s what I’m thinking I would do with mine…
I would love love LOVE seeing this on my family room wall in poster size.
So here’s what you’ve got to do to enter…it’s nothing terribly exhausting, don’t worry. Just leave me a comment telling me what you’d do with your poster print!
If you’d like a second entry, link to this post on your blog. Let me know in a second comment that you’ve done so. Remember, I’m not all that quick with the wit. It might confuse me if you try to combine your entries into one comment.
You do not need to be a blogger to enter! Please make sure I have a way to contact you if you win. Otherwise, I’ll have to choose another winner.
Deadline to enter is Wednesday June 3, 6:32pm, EST. That’s Virginia time, in case you aren’t savvy with the time. Time’s Up!!! Congratulations to Brooke!
–Pause to say that I cannot say the word savvy without hearing the following in my head: “Law don’t go ’round here, lawdog. Savvy?” Perhaps I’m dating myself with that quote…–
I’ll choose a winner at random (which probably means picking a name out of a hat) and post the winner on at some point on Thursday! Oh, one more little thingy…this is only open to US/CAN residents. I love all y’all…but those are the rules.