1. The number of lights I turned off this morning after the kids left for school: 9. NINE. Important to note–I did not use any of these lights. They were all turned on by either the children, or The Man.
2. Kate’s second grade class is learning about matter (solids, liquids & gases). They each had to bring in a mystery liquid and then give three clues to describe their mystery liquid. Then the children each took turns guessing each other’s liquids. One of the children brought in sweetened condensed milk. Kate guessed it was “whiskey sauce.” And I don’t even want to know what the teacher was thinking when she said that.
3. My Henry is a charmer. The other night he told me he was going to give me “one smooth kiss.” He is five. Oh boy he is a charmer.
4. If someone sends you a wmv file, view it first before opening it in front of the kids. Some things, like say, “pole-dancing” are best left unviewed by the under 18 crowd. And it’s really hard to find the ‘stop’ button quickly when you’re in a panic because the kids are watching pole-dancing.
5. I don’t know why someone would send me a pole-dancing video. You know who you are.
6. The other day, after hearing (for the umpeenth time) a complaint about my housekeeping skillz, I decided to assign chores to the children so that they could all blame themselves when something isn’t complete. William’s chore this week was helping me fold the laundry, and Henry, bless his heart, wanted to help him.
“Hey William, look–Mommy’s bra!”
“Ha ha ha! Is there another one? I’m gonna find another one.” searching…
Henry has now strategically placed the bra in place… “Hey William, look at my boobies!”
(fits of laughter)
“boobies…boobies…boobies!” The two of them frolic around like idiots.
And I wonder if I should just go back to doing the laundry myself.