…because I’m tired people. And I’m still sick. Yep, it’s been a month now, and I can’t shake it. So here are a few little bits of things to keep you entertained…
1. “THE MUSIC DIDN’T SUCK.” Yes folks, this was an advertisement for a church that I received in the mail. First of all, I don’t go to Mass because the music “doesn’t suck”. I go to worship God. Second of all, isn’t the word “suck” kind of a misfit for a church ad???
2. On Friday evening, my little boy had a baseball game. Can I just say how much I am enjoying the baseball–seriously. I didn’t think I would really get that into it, but I really do enjoy the games! Anyway, it was a 6:00 game, and I fed the kids early but of course not me, because why would I do something good for myself? So when I got home from the game, I grabbed a beer and a bag of chow mein noodles. Yes, I ate 1/3 bag of chow mein noodles and a beer for supper. And I wonder why I can’t get over this cold…
3. Here is my friend:
Isn’t he cute?! Actually, I’m not sure of his sex. Or should I say gender? I think we used to say sex, and now we have to say gender. Whatever. I love this little frog. He is on our deck every.single.day. He sits in the same spot all day long, and then at night he disappears. The next day, he’s in a different spot. It’s sort of like hide and seek. This has been going on all summer, and now fall. I think I’m going to give him a name. I’ll let you know what I come up with. And it’ll be better than “froggy,” which is what I’ve been calling him.
We also have a chipmunk friend. He is too quick for me to get a photograph. I think he has a nest under our sidewalk in the front garden. He likes to dig in the pot of petunias on our stoop, and he makes a rather large mess of the mulch. He digs in it and flicks it all on the sidewalk. I call him Chippy. Yes, it’s very original. I’m sure Henry get’s his creative naming abilities from me.
4. In addition to dreams about accounting and husbands leaving, I am now dreaming about not having anything to blog about. Oh the pressure, people!
5. I still have 135 bulbs to go… I have had time to plant not a one of them.
6. Apple tarts make a delightful breakfast. Another reason I’m not well, I’m sure.
7. Ella loves to read. Here she is, on the couch, reading Jemima Puddleduck. Don’t you just love to say Jemima Puddleduck? And also Mrs. Tiggywinkle.
Unfortunately, she doesn’t stay in this position long. She’s a mover.
8. I got this “one word” meme from my sister. Henry answered it, too. Here are his answers:
1. Where is your cell phone? over there
2. Where is your significant other? work
3. Your hair? red
4. Your mother? ears
5. Your father? ears
6. Your favorite thing? cars
7. Your dream last night? monsters
8. Your dream/goal? Wolverine!
9 . The room you’re in? my room
10. Your hobby? play
11. Your fear? dinosaurs
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? baseball
13. Where were you last night? bed
14. What you’re not? in the storage
15. Muffins? food
16. One of your wish list items? Cheerios
17. Where you grew up? with food
18. The last thing you did? went to bed
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? right there
21. Your pet? toad
22. Your computer? up there
23. Your life? I don’t know
24. Your mood? sick
25. Missing someone? Mama
26. Your car? Daddy’s
27. Something you’re not wearing? undershirt
28. Favorite store? Target
29. Your summer? Fall
30. Love someone? Ella
31. Your favorite color? Black
32. When is the last time you laughed? When Kate maked me laugh.
33. Last time you cried? When someone hit me.
34. Who will resend this? turn it off.
He likes the frog, too. And Target. And food. He is a boy after my own heart. 🙂
9. We’re going to a Hokie football game this weekend. I’m excited and nervous and dreading it all at once. I’m certain I will have stories to tell when I get home, and at least for a while, will not have that blog-fodder nightmare.
10. Did you happen to see the Virginia Tech v. Nebraska game on Saturday night?! I’m so proud of my Hokies!!! Woohoo!!! Yes, things are looking up in Blacksburg.
Alrighty, quiet time (and I use that term loosely) is over now. Must go hang with Hank.