Alrighty. The BM tagged me for a meme… I’ve been sitting on this for a while. Partly because I’m sick. Partly because I’m busy. Partly because I don’t really know the answers until I sit down and think about it, and who has time to think? But it is on my to-do list, and that always gives me motivation. So here goes…
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them
Alrighty then, here we go…
1. Blogging has given me a creative outlet. I have never enjoyed writing. Until now that is. Maybe that is because I never felt that I had anything interesting to write about. Not that turtle sex, boogers and the like are all that terribly interesting, but hey, for me, it works.
2. Blogging has encouraged me to take a lot more pictures. I love photography (mainly photos of my children), and I love editing the photos. Again, it’s a creative outlet.
3. It eats up all my free time. Both reading blogs and writing posts. Major time killer. But an enjoyable one. It’s kind of like my drug of choice. Well, that and chocolate. And wine. Can’t forget the wine.
4. I am now having stress-out dreams about not having enough blog fodder. You see, the accounting and husband-leaving me dreams were not enough to keep me up at night, so I now have something else to focus my worries on.
5. It feeds my ego. I mean, I like it when someone says something nice about something I wrote. Motherhood is a tough job. It’s sometimes thankless, sometimes dirty, sometimes mundane. Once, after a particularly tough day, my husband asked me what I wanted motherhood to be like, what did I expect it would be like. I remember saying, and I’m paraphrasing here, that I thought I would be appreciated more (and that I wouldn’t be so tired all the time, but that doesn’t really have anything to do with this answer). So I guess the comments are like positive reinforcement…people appreciate something that I’ve done.
I am tagging no one. That would require extra thinking. And folks, it is late. I’m signing off…